Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wishes

What do I wish for? What do I want 2007 to bring me? Is there something out there that I want to have in this life? Or is it just emptiness that surrounds me?
Once I wanted to become a stewardess. But I'm too old now, and I haven't been living long enough in this country to be considered. Then I wanted to become a writer. This wish is still on. One day, maybe when I'll be old and grey, I will see my name on a cover of a book.
I had a list of places in the world that I would like to visit: the great pyramids of Egypt, the Eiffel Tour in Paris, Japan, Italy ... and so on. But I haven't even taken the first step to do this: a driver's licence. It's embarrasing!
In order to be a writer, I will create an user account for a Romanian web site for women where I could eventually actually publish something. I'll let you know how it turns out. If something turns out.
At some point, I was under the impression that I want to become a mother. I'm not so sure anymore. Being tight to someone for the rest of my life? Having someone else depend on me completely for the next, I don't know, 20 years? I don't think I want that. Or not yet. And I truly don't understand why people would want that? Is that so rewarding? They say it is.
Like usual, I will leave it all to fate to decide what's best for me. And who. And how.
No more wishes. Or at least no big wishes. Just every once in a while, a little wish that can easily come true.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger Bambi said...

I wanted to live in the U.K. Or somewhere else in this big big world. Not back in Romania. Somewhere more exciting. And different. And where I don't know anybody. Like Mexico, or Switzerland, or London, or Australia. I usually don't come back for good to a city I left earlier in my life. Would this time be different?

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Bambi said...

I wish I had a house. A little house of my own that I can call it home, where I want to go to, where I want to read and relax, I bathroom to love, a corner all to myself, maybe a rocking chair, and big big windows where it's warm, in front of a fire place (even fake). I want this. I don't have it. Will I ever?
And again: be careful what you wish for, because it might come true.

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger Bambi said...

I am happy to say that, 2 years later, I have my own little condo somewhere in Montreal, met an English guy to fall for, and still thinking about the fake fireplace in my living room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home