Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad or good timing

It's been a long time since I wrote something here, for everybody to read. Too many excuses. It doesn't really matter why I didn't write. All that matters is that I decided to come back to one of my favorite hobbies: writing.
Up until last night, I never realized with so much certitude that you can actually read the right thing at the right time. You know, when you start a book, but then somehow you forget about it for a couple of weeks, and then when you do come back to reading it, it's the perfect match. Last night I needed to read that people do make the right decisions in life, even though they were hard to make, and months later they realize they were indeed the right ones. I needed that reassurance from life.
So I guess good timing exists after all. Positive coincidences, lucky accidents, fortunate consonances, they all exist. I had a theory of bad timing. It applied first to extra-terrestrial life (I know, the sci-fi geek in me). It's very hard to believe that, among all those million planets out there, only Earth has the ideal conditions to sustain life. The only thing preventing us from getting in contact with such a civilization is bad timing. Let me explain this. The Universe is old, right?, like extremely old, and its end is far from happening. I don't really know all the scientific data, but on Earth it took life let's say, 5 million years to evolve to a humanoid intelligent form. How can we be so lucky as to encounter another civilization in the same stage of development, at the exact same time, when, in Universal terms, 5 million years is like 5 seconds of our lifetimes?
The same theory can apply to our romantic life, unfortunately. How can I be so lucky as to encounter the man of my dreams when both of our lives need it the most? That's practically impossible, right?
But then again, the book I was reading last night proved me wrong. Maybe you just need to have faith that things will happen the way they're supposed to, that events are following a bigger scheme, that life can and will offer you little coincidences when you need them the most.
So, just let the Universe run its course, cause apparently it knows what it's doing. After all, it's been doing it for so long, no? Have faith!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home